I love you…
Everyday I realize
What a beautiful family we have
I look around
There is nothing there
Nothing to be jealous of
No one loves like we love
No one trusts like we trust
No one cares like we care
I can count on you
Count on you to be there
I have no complaints
I trust you
For that I
Lately on the news there have been two beheadings. And I would argue that the way our media has ran the stories is exactly what these horrible people who have perpetrated the act wanted. I believe they could have told us the story without showing us so much of the act. I have a lot of opinions on the media lately and they are just one outlet to blame for this. I do have a bigger bone to pick. Since when do we the United States of America let this happen? Two of our citizens beheaded in the last two weeks. I think it shows weak and poor leadership that we let this happen. Never before do we let Americans just get beheaded without some kind of reaction at all. I heard a joke yesterday that literally turned my stomach….
Did you hear Obamas reaction to the news?
He be heading to the golf course… then my 17 year old son laughed.
I can’t believe it. I am disappointed that we aren’t more furious. That we haven’t struck back in some fashion. That we seem to have no plan. I want justice. I don’t believe in might makes right but I do believe as a nation we do have some responsibility and we could argue exactly what that is and where to draw the line but I really don’t believe we are anywhere close right now. And if this was back awhile and we didn’t step in.. we would all be talking German.
I realize there is a lot that the government knows that I am not privy to. And I do believe that is how it should be. However, if I were Obama right now.. I think I would be listening to some of Ronald Reagans speeches for some ideas.
“Mr Gorbachev tear down that wall!!!”
There was no mistaking what he meant to say and he said it with authority.
We need some authority. We need some firm action. They need to know… we are serious. Obama’s speeches right now do not emulate any power, authority, or respect. They do not say we mean business. They do not say we will not stand here and let you behead another of our citizens… not even close. We need hero right now… who will it be?
I believe in our country.
This blog today is more of a rant. Sorry but it is just in me today. I don’t understand where this country is going. We have huge problems that we aren’t really paying enough attention to.
1. Abortion- I know some of you out there are prochoice. I feel ya… But no, we are people don’t make good choices. If we made good choices there would be no need for abortion. We are human and we make mistakes but I don’t know how killing our unborn children fixes a mistake. I know there are some that say.. what about rape? And that is an unfortunate problem. Bad things happen to good people all the time. You could be going along and someone who is texting while driving hits your car and you are now paralyzed. Should we shoot you because something terrible happened to you? No. Killing is not the answer and that unborn baby hasn’t done anything to deserve it. And don’t tell me it is a clump of cells or a fetus. I have never met a woman who says “I am pregnant with a clump of cells.” Or “I can’t wait to see the sonogram of my fetus.” We call it a baby when it is convenient. But it is always a baby.
2. Voting- With an election just this week. I feel terrible that so many people didn’t go out and vote. This is not only your right but in my ways it is your obligation to do this. People have fought in wars and died so you can do this and you blow it off. I think that also we should make it easier for people who don’t come from politics and money to run for office. We need some new ideas and people who aren’t tainted by the power.
3. National Debt- Holy HELL!!! Can it get any bigger. We need to make some huge cuts and stop spending. Get some regular joes in there with pencils to draw big lines!!
4. IRS and taxes- Get rid of the IRS. They are an evil entity with too much power. I like the flat tax or the fair tax. Something better than what is happening now which is killing the middle class.
5. Entitlements- They need to stop or decrease. I don’t mind helping out the single mom with kids get back on her feet. Nor do I really mind helping anyone out for a while. But there needs to be a time frame. And a drug test. I bet if we implemented a mandatory drug test before you picked up your check 50% would not show up. And if you are one of those people who are down on your luck and need a little help… you won’t mind peeing in a cup. I had to take a drug test to get my job and I didn’t mind at all. Now I take a prescription drug as prescribed to me by my dr that shows up in a pee test. So I temporarily failed but it took them 24 hours to call Walgreens and verify my prescription and release my exam.
6. Ebola??? Really, lets just bring it to the US?!?!?!? Stupid!!! Enough said!
7. Illegal Aliens- This isn’t my biggest concern right now. I understand that the numbers make it a problem. They come here and because they are illegal can’t get health insurance and such and become a drain on our economy. I think we need big walls!! And just deal with common sense and each situation individually. Start getting them on the path of legal citizenship.
8. The rest of the world…. I am scared for them and don’t even know where to start.
I have many more concerns… but this is a start. Any ideas?
This is a reblog but if you have a daughter totally worth the reading!!
This last week I had two different friends who were concerned about posted pictures in social media. And I am not talking about horrible pictures, just your everyday kind of picture. This doesn’t make much sense to me. My logic is that anyone I am friends with on fb or in the world will love me as I am and for who I am inside. It breaks my heart that we worry so much about what others think. I think if you don’t like me… delete me or better yet… let me know and I will block you. Good riddance.
The picture I posted with this blog is from a day I went to Worlds of Fun. Of course I wanted a pony tail but my hair wasn’t long enough but I tried anyway. So… when I took the pony tail holder out the hair stuck straight out and I couldn’t calm it down without a shower. It is what a lot of peeps would call a terrible picture. Not me. It is just me that way I am. If you don’t like it… too bad!! Two hours later I took another pic… I posted that below. I don’t think wither is better at defining who I am. Smooches to all!!
When Good isn’t Good Enough
I know when good isn’t good enough
I know when I try to do something for some people it will backfire
I am aware that I will never be good enough for them
I know my intentions
I know my truths
There are a lot of people who don’t understand me
Why would I go to so much trouble
What is in it for me
Proverbs says: Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.
I want this for my children
I want them to see good
I believe in this
I want them to see people going out of their way to help others
The problem is:
When people don’t feel the good
In their own way all they can see is evil
All they feel is the bad
Never opening up to feel the good
To accept the love
John 13:34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another
Ephesians 4:32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you
The wicked part
The sad part
It comes from family
The ones we should support the most
Love and trust the most
Proverbs 11:29 He who brings trouble on his family will inherit only wind, and the fool will be servant to the wise
How can we get that back
How can we bring back a family bond that has been demolished
Can we ensure this evil doesn’t spread to future generations
Can we kill the evil as it stands
Start to support each other
Start to love again
Forgive, forget and move on
For some that will be too hard
Some prefer to dwell in their own hate
I think they enjoy it
The sound of good falls on deaf ears
They will never understand good
It is so basic though
I prefer love
I prefer to dwell in love
Love of my family
Love of my children
Love of God
A good start might be a thank you
A good start might be a hug
Maybe you need to start smaller
Try a smile
Or a nod
Make a move
Let it go
I think I am going to try
For my family
For my children
I really liked this article. REBLOG