I am just curious. I told my husband today I was going to open mouth kiss him… just as a warning and he said, “why?”
I shouldn’t be so surprised. We never do this. We have been married for 18 years and really have never been big open mouth kissers. I am curious how many people really do kiss “like the movies” with any consistency. We certainly don’t. I wouldn’t say I am missing out on something… I don’t really know. I feel awkward at times doing this and maybe it is lack of practice. Maybe after 18 years… I want something a little different. I want to try new ways to connect.
What about you?
This is totally a reblog… because I really liked it. I understand the side of the little girl and the mother.
I love you…
Everyday I realize
What a beautiful family we have
I look around
There is nothing there
Nothing to be jealous of
No one loves like we love
No one trusts like we trust
No one cares like we care
I can count on you
Count on you to be there
I have no complaints
I trust you
For that I
Lately on the news there have been two beheadings. And I would argue that the way our media has ran the stories is exactly what these horrible people who have perpetrated the act wanted. I believe they could have told us the story without showing us so much of the act. I have a lot of opinions on the media lately and they are just one outlet to blame for this. I do have a bigger bone to pick. Since when do we the United States of America let this happen? Two of our citizens beheaded in the last two weeks. I think it shows weak and poor leadership that we let this happen. Never before do we let Americans just get beheaded without some kind of reaction at all. I heard a joke yesterday that literally turned my stomach….
Did you hear Obamas reaction to the news?
He be heading to the golf course… then my 17 year old son laughed.
I can’t believe it. I am disappointed that we aren’t more furious. That we haven’t struck back in some fashion. That we seem to have no plan. I want justice. I don’t believe in might makes right but I do believe as a nation we do have some responsibility and we could argue exactly what that is and where to draw the line but I really don’t believe we are anywhere close right now. And if this was back awhile and we didn’t step in.. we would all be talking German.
I realize there is a lot that the government knows that I am not privy to. And I do believe that is how it should be. However, if I were Obama right now.. I think I would be listening to some of Ronald Reagans speeches for some ideas.
“Mr Gorbachev tear down that wall!!!”
There was no mistaking what he meant to say and he said it with authority.
We need some authority. We need some firm action. They need to know… we are serious. Obama’s speeches right now do not emulate any power, authority, or respect. They do not say we mean business. They do not say we will not stand here and let you behead another of our citizens… not even close. We need hero right now… who will it be?
I believe in our country.
This blog today is more of a rant. Sorry but it is just in me today. I don’t understand where this country is going. We have huge problems that we aren’t really paying enough attention to.
1. Abortion- I know some of you out there are prochoice. I feel ya… But no, we are people don’t make good choices. If we made good choices there would be no need for abortion. We are human and we make mistakes but I don’t know how killing our unborn children fixes a mistake. I know there are some that say.. what about rape? And that is an unfortunate problem. Bad things happen to good people all the time. You could be going along and someone who is texting while driving hits your car and you are now paralyzed. Should we shoot you because something terrible happened to you? No. Killing is not the answer and that unborn baby hasn’t done anything to deserve it. And don’t tell me it is a clump of cells or a fetus. I have never met a woman who says “I am pregnant with a clump of cells.” Or “I can’t wait to see the sonogram of my fetus.” We call it a baby when it is convenient. But it is always a baby.
2. Voting- With an election just this week. I feel terrible that so many people didn’t go out and vote. This is not only your right but in my ways it is your obligation to do this. People have fought in wars and died so you can do this and you blow it off. I think that also we should make it easier for people who don’t come from politics and money to run for office. We need some new ideas and people who aren’t tainted by the power.
3. National Debt- Holy HELL!!! Can it get any bigger. We need to make some huge cuts and stop spending. Get some regular joes in there with pencils to draw big lines!!
4. IRS and taxes- Get rid of the IRS. They are an evil entity with too much power. I like the flat tax or the fair tax. Something better than what is happening now which is killing the middle class.
5. Entitlements- They need to stop or decrease. I don’t mind helping out the single mom with kids get back on her feet. Nor do I really mind helping anyone out for a while. But there needs to be a time frame. And a drug test. I bet if we implemented a mandatory drug test before you picked up your check 50% would not show up. And if you are one of those people who are down on your luck and need a little help… you won’t mind peeing in a cup. I had to take a drug test to get my job and I didn’t mind at all. Now I take a prescription drug as prescribed to me by my dr that shows up in a pee test. So I temporarily failed but it took them 24 hours to call Walgreens and verify my prescription and release my exam.
6. Ebola??? Really, lets just bring it to the US?!?!?!? Stupid!!! Enough said!
7. Illegal Aliens- This isn’t my biggest concern right now. I understand that the numbers make it a problem. They come here and because they are illegal can’t get health insurance and such and become a drain on our economy. I think we need big walls!! And just deal with common sense and each situation individually. Start getting them on the path of legal citizenship.
8. The rest of the world…. I am scared for them and don’t even know where to start.
I have many more concerns… but this is a start. Any ideas?
This is a reblog but if you have a daughter totally worth the reading!!